自訂搜尋
Issue: 1243 Date: 6/19/2014
Become A Fan, Like St. Louis Chinese American News
Follow SCANews on Twitter Find SCANews on Facebook

It's Official - New International Institute Headquarters Campus Acquired

請您關注和惠顧聖路易時報的廣告客戶,並向朋友推薦聖路易時報,感謝您的支持!
        St. Louis, MO - The International Institute of St. Louis is excited to announce that we officially closed on our new headquarters campus at 3401 Arsenal St on June 13. Relocation to the new campus will occur in early 2015.

        At the new site, the Institute will continue to provide all the services it currently offers to a larger number of clients. Since our move to our current S. Grand facility in 1999, our clients have grown from 3,500 to 7,500 annually; our staff has increased by 50% to 80 members.

        The Institute's new campus will address our current and future space needs since the 3.7-acre campus features five buildings totaling 131,000 sq. ft. with 100 off-street parking spaces. Although the new facility is four times larger than our current building, we will use approximately 75% of available spaces from the outset.

        New programs are also in the works for immigrants at all skill levels. Career Ladder services for immigrant professionals will debut as well as food service training for those looking for work in the service industry.

        The Institute's new campus is located in two nationally-designated historic districts, 1) Tower Grove East and 2) Crittenden. While they have not been placed on National Historic Registry, four of the five buildings are eligible, having been built between 1894 and 1937.

        The general condition of the Arsenal campus is excellent. However, there are a variety of code-related modifications necessary to meet ADA accessibility and fire-rating requirements. Additionally, portions must be converted from classrooms to offices, some new roofs must be installed; and lighting, security and technology must be upgraded. In all, the project will cost more than $4 million.

        The move will be funded from the sale of the Institute's current facility on S. Grand Blvd, potential tax credits, reserves, and fundraising to occur through 2015. In the meantime, a local bank is providing bridge financing.

        For 131 years, the campus served as St. Elizabeth's Academy, a Catholic girls' high school operated by Sisters of the Most Precious Blood. Originally the school was founded to educate young immigrant women.

        Duffe-Nuernberger has been selected to list the 3654 S. Grand property; inquiries should be directed accordingly.

請您關注和惠顧聖路易時報的廣告客戶,並向朋友推薦聖路易時報,感謝您的支持!


Follow SCANews on Twitter Find SCANews on Facebook


Please click here to comment on this article

Space Privacy Policy 時報尊重您的權益